Monday, April 19, 2010

Speedos

The other day a girlfriend of mine suggested I take up swimming to help me make it though the last month of pregnancy. Sounded like a great idea...so we found a pool close to the house, I dug out my swimsuit (hoping it fit over my big belly) and planned to go the next morning. Then Seb had a thought. Would they require him to wear a special bathing suit for swimming? HUH? That's crazy talk. Just grab your trunks and lets go. Seb decided to call the pool first -just in case. It was a good thing he did...the pool requires all men to wear speedos instead of swim trunks-for hygiene purposes. Seriously? How is a thin piece of material touching junk more hygienic than swim trunks-which generally have built in underwear?? Plus, with the trunks we don't have as many visuals. I guess I don't need to say we haven't made it to the pool yet. I think I can wait for summer to go swimming.

Actually, when Seb and I first started dating, that's all he wore when swimming. Then one time we were at our pool in Philly and my neice started giving Seb a lot of grief for wearing one. Needless to say, the next day we bought him some swim trunks and he never looked back. When we first started going on vacation together in the south of France 15 years ago-everyone wore speedos (not something you really want to see on your father-in-law -trust me). Now days, it's mainly just the old men that wear them. Sexy beasts.

4 comments:

  1. :-). My dad had that same issue when we visited a few years ago... I'm so glad he opted not to go. I really don't need to see my dad in a speedo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving this blog of yours- I think I can get Kevin to sport a speedo the next time we're there- or maybe he can just moon us instead right Seb?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our mutual friend Claudia recommended your blog to me. Very funny stuff!

    ReplyDelete